Although traditional and classic-looking, subway tile and glazed white ceramic tile beautifully complete a modern kitchen.
- Use beveled subway tile for extra texture
- Opt for darker grout for enhanced depth and an easier surface to clean
- Add contemporary flair to marble with square white tiles
Here’s a trend you can try out now – just remove your cabinet doors and see what you think. Use glass-front doors instead of cabinet doors to start off small, or replace part of your cabinets with open shelves. And here are a few more ideas for when you’re ready to be more open.
- Add rustic charm with crates and baskets instead of upper cabinets
- Mix open shelves and ledges with traditional cabinets
- For a cleaner look, remove all upper cabinets
White & Wood
There are many ways to add warmth and comfort to a modern kitchen with this winning combination.
- Combine wood with a white and black motif
- Use butcher block for countertops – easy to clean and maintain
- Add contrast with glossy white surfaces and wood cabinets
For another quick makeover, try painting your upper cabinets and lower cabinets different colors.
While marble countertops require some maintenance and care, the results can be stunning. Plus, marble is one of the more cost efficient stone countertop options.
- Pair with white cabinets for a seamless look
- Mix in bronze or copper accents